Monday, September 9, 2013

Demo Days!






We held our first Demo class last Friday in my home studio.  It was so fun and so nice to introduce Kindermusik to friends in my neighborhood! The kids were engaged and having fun.  I just love seeing their smiles!  I am hoping that these kids come back for more once my classes begin in October!

Right now I am working on learning the music and activities in the Wiggle and Grow - Colors and Shapes on the Farm Unit.  There are some really great songs!  Morning Sun Has Risen and Walking in the Green Grass have been running through my head all week-end, and I have caught my own kids singing them! It's wonderful!

Each Class meets once a week and is organized into 4 week units.  Every 4 weeks, the theme changes and the music and activities all change too.  It is a lot of work for a new Kindermusik teacher to learn them all! But I am so in love with this program and with the opportunity to learn so many different and engaging songs and activities for these young people! Plus parents get a new download every month with all the songs and access to the Kindermusik @ Home website with additional activities.

It's great because the more a child is exposed to this music and these activities, the more music will become part of their lives beyond their early years.  Studies have shown that children who have been involved in early childhood music programs are better prepared for school in not only self regulation and motor planning skills, but also in language and literacy, and math.

Come check out a class today!

-Miss Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment