Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It happened.  I received my license from Kindermusik International! I completed my coursework, finished holding my last practicum class, and nailed my interview.

Now I just need to find students...

Marketing doesn't come naturally to me.  I guess I was just taught that we don't flaunt.  Well, now it's time to flaunt and I am feeling a bit shy.

But, Kindermusik truly is the best program that I have found for children and their parents.  I have been searching for a program that I could feel passionate about.  This is it!

If you are looking for a cute recital at the end of classes with costumes and decorations - you won't find it.  We aren't performance driven. We are process driven. We are enabling children to love music, not pressuring them to be performers. We are providing the foundation of music learning for the future. 

We strive to keep it age appropriate and for those of you that know me - know I am obsessed with this concept (hence my refusal to participate in copy paper drives for kindergartners and preschoolers - worksheets are not developmentally appropriate!).  Developmentally appropriate, means that we are not asking children to do something they are not physically or mentally capable to do, we are keeping the music and activities at their level.

Kindermusik is child centered - which means that we follow the child.  We provide the music and the ideas, and watch the child's reaction and go with it! If you come to my class and you feel like your child isn't particpating in a way that is appropriate, then I am doing something wrong.  Aside from aggressive behavior, there isn't a wrong way to participate.

Kindermusik is a place where a kid truly can be a kid.

It is fun!

It is quality music and materials.

It is research based.  During my master's degree studies I read a research paper that found that children who had participated in early childhood music programs, specifically Kindermusik, were better at self regulation - the ability to control their actions and emotions.

And most importantly, it is time for you to bond with your child.  There is so much going on in our busy lives! Make time to come to a Kindermusik class with your child and you will feel a little bit more fulfilled! 

Sign up for a free sample class today!

O.K. How is that for marketing?






No comments:

Post a Comment